Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pride and Prejudice

 Hello everyone, this is Sayaka Sugiyama, taking the EC1 M6 class this year(again). First, I'd like to apologize for my overdue homework to you guys and I really appreciate all Mr. Sheehan's help. Well. here I would like to introduce "Pride and Prejudice", written by Jane Austen, as my recommendation to you.

 This story is about misunderstanding unfolds and love between Elizabeth Bennet and Darcy, living in Regency England of 19th century, and people around them. It also portrays life in the genteel rural society of the day. It became one of the most famous love stories written by Jane Austen in a lively and funny way, which has attracted people all over the world. Beth's intelligent and attractive character is reserved to be loved by everyone, and I think the author of this book was just like her.

 Well, you may think it's way too classic and kinda boring or something, but I swear, it's really good, especially for girls. And if you think like it's difficult to read, don't worry, this one I recommend is well omitted from the original story I guess, so it's really easy to read for you guys. If you want to challenge a full version, you can also find the book translated into Japanese.

 On the other hand, it has also been two feature films as far as I know, so you can enjoy it on DVD, too. I would like to recommend you the current one starring Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen in 2005. I'll paste the trailer of that one, so hope you will enjoy it, cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment